Jambalaya - - Slow Cooker
- 1 lrg onion, chopped
- 1 med green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 med celery stalks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked smoked sausage
- 1 TBS parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 red pepper sauce
- 3/4 lb uncooked peeled deveined med shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
1) Mix all ingredients except shrimp and rice in slow cooker.
2) Cover and cook on low heat 7 to 8 hrs.
3) Stir in shrimp and leave on low heat. Cover and cook on low heat about 1 hr longer or until shrimp are pink and firm. Serve with rice.