- Homemade burger buns recipe with step
- by step video
- No fail, easy to make 6 ingredients homemade burger buns with a secret ingredient to keep them soft and fluffy
- longer. You will never buy burger buns from the store once you try these!
- 4 cups (480 grams) bread flour
- 2 1/4 tsp (7 grams) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg lightly beaten, for brushing the buns
- poppy seeds
- sesame seeds
1. In a mixing bowl, add the flour. Make a well in the middle and pour 1/4 cup lukewarm water.
Sprinkle the yeast and leave at room temperature until the yeast is dissolved and it foams, like a
2. When the yeast is proofed, fit your standup mixer with the dough hook and turn it on to the
3. Add the salt, egg, mashed potatoes, water and the melted butter.
4. Mix the dough until it comes together and cleans itself from the sides of the bowl.
5. Continue to knead it for an additional 35 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
6. With your hand, remove the dough from the mixing bowl and place it into a greased bowl, cover
with plastic wrap or a clean tea towel and leave at room temperature until doubled in volume.
7. Take the dough out of the bowl and knead it gently for 30 seconds.
8. Divide it into 12 buns. If you have a kitchen scale, weight each bun to make sure they are all the
same size. Do so by weighting the entire ball of dough at first and divide in by 12. Each burger
buns should weigh about 77grams.
9. Place the buns on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with a tea towel and leave
at room temperature until almost doubled in size. (Do not cover the buns with plastic wrap at
this point since the plastic tends to stick to the top of the buns)
10. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 375F.
11. Just before baking the buns, brush them with the lightly beaten egg.
12. Sprinkle sesame seeds or poppy seeds on top.
13. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden. Leave to cool slightly before removing them from the
15. You can store the buns in the freezer in an airtight container or a freezer safe bag. When ready
to use again, just heat the oven to 350F and place the buns in the oven for few minutes until
warm. Or you can microwave them for few seconds