Slow-Cooked Southwest Chicken
This is an easy crock pot meal. It is also South Beach diet friendly for Phase 1 without the rice and corn and Phase 2 with whole grain rice and the corn.
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can 14 1/2 oz. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can 14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes and mild green chili's (I used Rotel tomatoes) undrained
- 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 jar (8 oz) chunky salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn(Omit for Phase 1)
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cooked Rice
Combine all ingredients EXCEPT rice in a 2-3 quart crock pot. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until chicken shreds easily with a fork. Shred chicken and return to slow cooker. Serve over rice.