FREEZER CHEESE BALL
- 12 - 16 Ounces sharp cheddar cheese or
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese and 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. finely minced onion
- 1 8oz. cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cups walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
- Crackers or Melba toast
Use shredding disc to shred cheddar cheese; set cheese aside. Change to metal blade and process garlic until minced. Cut cream cheese, blue cheese (if using) and butter into chunks. With processor running, drop chunks down feed tube and process until smooth. Add Worcestershire sauce and onion; process until blended. Add shredded cheese and process until mixture is creamy.
Cover and chill cheese mixture for about 3 hours or until firm enough to shape. Divide mixture in half and shape into a smooth ball; wrap airtight in clear plastic wrap, place in plastic bag, and refrigerate or freeze.
To serve, let frozen cheese balls stand at room temperature, unwrapped, 3 or 4 hours. Using the metal blade, process nuts until coarsely chopped. Roll each ball in nuts, pressing in lightly. Serve with assorted crackers or wafers. Makes 2 balls, each about 3 inches in diameter.