Mascarpone Dip with Basil Blackberries
- Large pinch of fleur de sel or other flaky salt
- 1 container (8 to 8.8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- Crackers, for serving
- 1/3 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 package (6 ounces or 1 1/2 cups) Driscoll's Blackberries
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
Bring vinegar and brown sugar to a boil in a nonreactive small saucepan over high heat. Boil until reduced to 2 tablespoons. Pour into a medium bowl. Let cool.
Gently stir in blackberries, basil, pepper and salt.
Fill a bowl with hot water. Dip bottom of the mascarpone container in water for about 5 seconds. Using a rubber spatula, unmold mascarpone onto a serving platter. Spoon blackberry mixture over mascarpone, being sure to scrape all juices out of the bowl, and letting berries fall randomly. Serve with crackers.