Bodacious Brazilian Chicken
makes 4 servings(power foods 2)
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 can(8 oz) tomatoe sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) orange juice concentrate
- 1 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried italian seasoning
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut in half
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper salsa
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
1) grate the zest of the lemon and lime into a resealable bag. Squeeze the juice from both fruits into the bag and throw out the pulp and the seeds.
2) Mix in everything else except the chicken and salsa.
3) Drop in the chicken, reseal the bag, and refrigerate for a few hours.
4) grill the chicken, turning and basting with the marinade a few times, for 10 to 15 minutes or until the center is no longer pink. Serve with salsa.