Ensalada De Noche Buena (Christmas Eve)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 2 beets cooked and julienned
- 2 apples peeled, and sliced into wedges
- 2 oranges peeled and segmented
- 2 bananas peeled, and sliced into rounds
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cubes
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, salt and cilantro. Set aside.
Wash and dry lettuce leaves and then shred. Arrange the lettuce on the bottom of a glass bowl and then layer beets and fruit on top of lettuce -- can be mixed, although, doesnt have to be. Top with peanuts and pour the dressing over the salad.
This recipe yields ?? servings.