- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 6 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and spices; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. From the center of half of the cookies, cut out a 1-1/2-in. shape.
Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
3. Spread the bottom of each solid cookie with 1/2 teaspoon jam. Sprinkle cutout cookies with confectioners' sugar; carefully place over jam. Yield: 3 dozen.
*Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 161 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.