Chocolate Chip Pecan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 12-oz. pkgs. (4 cups total) semisweet chocolate pieces
- 3 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
1. In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, cake flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In a very large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat on medium speed until mixture is combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add eggs one at a time, beating on medium speed after each addition until combined. Beat in vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer on low speed. Stir in any remaining flour mixture with a wooden spoon until combined. Stir in chocolate pieces and pecans.
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons or by using a rounded #40 ice cream scoop 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is set (may appear underbaked). Remove from oven. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute; transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 78 cookies.