- 2 c old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 stick butter cut into pieces
- 3/4 c buttermilk
- 1 egg
- cinnamon sugar
1) preheat oven to 425
2) in food processor, combine oats, flour,, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. pulse to blend. add butter, pulse til coarse crumbs form.
3) in a cup, beat buttermilk and egg. with processor running, add add egg mi and pulse til dough forms
4) scoop 1/4 c dough at a time onto ungreased large cookie sheet. flatten each mound into 2 1/2" round. sprinkle with cinnamon sugar . bake 15 minutes or until golden on bottoms.