Mandarin Spring Salad with Grapefruit Dressing
"While easy to buy bottled dressing, few selections give you flavor that's as fresh as this grapefruit blend. Take time to make it…you won’t regret it!"—David
Tip: If you prefer baby spinach, butter lettuce, or arugula over a spring mix, this salad will still be delicious. You can also use orange or tangerine juice (and zest) instead of grapefruit. Even the toasted almonds can be substituted for your favorite variety or something you have on hand.
- 1 bag spring mix salad
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1 (11-oz) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp grapefruit zest
Adapted from qvc.co
To prepare the dressing, place all the ingredients into the Ninja (or a small blender or food processor) and process until fully combined.
To assemble the salad, place the spring mix, celery, avocado, almonds, and oranges into a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving and lightly toss to coat.