Icebox Oreo Cheesecake
- For the Crust
- ● 30 Oreo cookies, broken into rough pieces
- ● 7 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- For the Filling
- ● 1 cup whole milk
- ● 4 egg yolks
- ● 1/4 cup flour
- ● 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- ● 2 pounds regular cream cheese; cut into 1-inch chunks and softened
- ● 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- ● 2 tsps. pure vanilla extract
- ● 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- ● 16 Oreo cookies, broken into rough pieces
For the Crust
1. In the bowl of a food processor, process the cookies and butter until finely ground.
2. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring form pan.
3. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour.
For the Filling:
1. Heat 3/4 cup of the milk in a saucepan over medium heat just until simmering.
2. Whisk the egg yolks, flour, and remaining milk in a large bowl until smooth.
3. Slowly whisk the hot milk into the yolk mixture to temper the yolks. Return the entire mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until very thick and glossy, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Off heat, whisk in the white chocolate until melted.
5. Transfer the pudding to a bowl and press a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the surface.
6. Refrigerate until cold and set, at least 1.
7. With a stand mixer or a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar,
vanilla, and salt on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
8. Reduce the speed and mix in the chilled pudding until just combined, about 30 seconds.
9. Pour one-quarter of the cream cheese mixture evenly into the chilled crust and sprinkle one-third of the broken cookies over the surface.
10. Repeat the process twice, then top with the remaining filling. Refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours or overnight.