Baked Mexican Chicken
Easy and yummy with rice and sautéed corn with lime
- 6 chicken tenders or 4 boneless skinless breasts
- envelope of taco seasoning or ~4 tsp. of homemade
- 1 cup salsa or 1 can of Ro-tel tomatoes
- 3 dashes of tobacco sauce (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 4 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 400.
Put chicken in gallon bag and sprinkle in taco seasonings. Toss to coat.
Spray ceramic baking dish with Pam.
Place chicken in dish in single layer.
Pour salsa or tomatoes over chicken.
sprinkle on tobacco if desired.
Bake for 25 minutes (for tenders) or 30-35 minutes (for breasts)until done.
Sprinkle on cheddar and bake an additional 2-3 minutes until cheese melts.
remove from oven, cover with foil, and let sit 5-10 minutes.
Top with sour cream.