Vegetable Cream Sauce
- 1 can condensed cream of broccoli soup - (10 3/4 oz)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Stir in soup and milk in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat to blend. Bring to a simmer, and then gradually whisk in cheese; stir until melted. Stir in chives and garlic. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve over broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, potatoes, or vegetables of your choice.
This recipe yields about 2 cups.