Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbs Southwestern Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups thick and chunky salsa
- 4 cups broken tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- Snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
Remove stem and seeds from poblano pepper using Utility Knife; slice into thin strips. Arrange poblano strips evenly over bottom of Deep Dish Baker. Thinly slice chicken using Utility Knife. Combine chicken, seasoning mix and salt in Classic Batter Bowl. Arrange chicken over poblano strips. Cover baker with 15-in. square of Parchment Paper, tucking corners of paper under baker. Microwave on HIGH 4 minutes; stir using Mix ‘N Scraper® to separate chicken strips. Cover; microwave an additional 4-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Drain and rinse black beans using small Colander. Stir beans and salsa into chicken mixture. Gently stir in tortilla chips with Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Grate cheese over baker using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. If desired, snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears; sprinkle over casserole.