- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup nutella
- chopped hazelnuts, for sprinkling (optional)
1. In a medium bowl combine all-purpose flour, cocoa (sift this in to get rid of lumps), baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Over low heat, melt butter and stir in sugar and vanilla extract until well combined.
3. To the butter-sugar mixture add eggs, one at a time. Vigorously mix in each egg until well-combined. Whisk in the cocoa mixture until fully combined. Stir the Nutella into the batter (warming it in the microwave for a few seconds will make it easier to incorporate).
4. Pour the batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or until the center is set. Let cool before cutting.
Makes 1 9x13 pan.