Death By Chocolate Mini Cheesecake Pies
- 48 chocolate wafer cookies, crushed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup or honey
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur, if desired
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz chocolate (I like to use 60% cocoa chocolate bars), melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled slightly
- 20 to 24 mini milk chocolate-covered peanut, caramel and nougat candy bars, frozen and then chopped
Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
2. In small bowl, mix Crust ingredients. Divide mixture among cups. Using fingertips, firmly press in bottom of each cup, making sure crumbs are firmly packed.
3. In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and liqueur. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until well blended. Pour in the cooled (but still pourable) melted chocolate, and beat until there are no more streaks and batter looks chocolaty. Add Bisquick mix, and beat until incorporated. Pour in milk, and beat until smooth and creamy.
4. Divide batter evenly among cups (cups will be almost full).
5. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until centers are firm. Cool 15 minutes (cheesecake centers will sink while cooling). Refrigerate in pan at least 45 minutes.
6. In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream on medium speed 30 seconds; gradually increase speed to high, and beat until stiff peaks form. During last minute, beat in powdered sugar. Remove 3/4 cup of the whipped cream, and place in bowl; set aside. Add all but 2 tablespoons (reserve for drizzling) of the melted chocolate to the remaining whipped cream, and beat until there are no more chocolate streaks.
7. Remove cheesecakes from refrigerator and, using butter knife, gently pop them out of pan. Carefully remove wrappers, and top each chilled cheesecake with large dollop of chocolate cream and then a little dollop of whipped cream. Just before serving, garnish with chopped candy bars and a drizzle of melted chocolate. Serve chilled.