Chocolate Chip Almond Cake
- 1-7 oz box Almond Paste, grated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 5 large eggs (not extra large) room temperature, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips or 4 oz finely chopped baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- Confectionary sugar
- TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- 1- 9 x9 inch baking pan
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 9x9 inch baking pan.
Add Almond Paste, sugar and butter to a bowl. Mix until combined. Beat on high for 3 minutes. Add 4 of the eggs (one at a time), beating well between each addition.
Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Add chips to flour and toss. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, alternately with milk. Gently fold together until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and wipe out mixing bowl.
In same bowl beat almonds, brown sugar and remaining egg until egg is frothy. Spread on top of cake. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cake springs back when gently pressed with finger. Cool cake on rack. Dust with confectionary sugar if desired.