- 4 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- Salt As Needed
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 can (8 Ounces) Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups Hot Water
- Several Dashes Hot Sauce
- Good Tortilla Chips
- Cheddar Jack Cheese, Freshly Grated
- Optional: Pico De Gallo, Sour Cream, Sliced Black Olives, Sliced Green Onions, Cilantro Leaves, Guacamole, Etc.
Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with the taco seasoning and chili powder. Rub in the seasoning as much as you can.
Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken breasts on both sides until deep golden and totally done in the middle, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and let rest for a few minutes.
Whisk in the tomato sauce and the hot water (plus the hot sauce) and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat to low and keep warm. Taste and adjust seasonings (may need salt, depending on the taco seasoning you use.)
Shred the chicken with 2 forks and transfer the shredded chicken to the sauce. Toss to coat it in the sauce and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
To build the nachos, build several layers of chips, cheese, and chicken, ending with a small layer on top. Microwave the dish (or put it in a 350 degree oven if ovenproof) until the cheese is totally melted.
Serve as is or add whatever extras you'd like! Dive into it immediately.