Phil Dunn Recipe
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled, deveined & chopped (if large)
- 1 1/2 c. boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 T. creole seasoning
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 1/4 c. chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped celery
- 2 T. shopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh tomoatoes
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 t. worchestire sauce
- 1 t. hot sauce
- 3/4 c. long-grain raw rice
- 3 c. chicken stock
- 5 oz. andouille sausage, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
In a mixing bowl, combine shrimp, chicken & creole seasoning and work in seasoning well.
In a large stockpot, heat oil and cook onion, pepper & celery for 3 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, worcestershire & hot sauces.
Stir in rice and slowly add stock. Reduce heat to medium and cook until rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, about 15 minutes.
When rice is just tender, add shrimp & chicken mixture and sausage, and cook until meat is done, about 10 minutes. Season to taste.