Parmesan Chicken with Provolone on a Roll
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken cutlets, 1/4" thick (about 6 pieces)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 4 (1 oz) slices provolone
- 4 low carb rolls, lightly toasted
- 12 large basil leaves
1. Set oven rack 6-8" from broiler element. Heat broiler.
2. Combine parmesan, oregano, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and spread evenly on a plate. Dredge chicken in Parmesan mixture.
3. Heat a large nonstick skillet with 1 Tbsp of the oil. Add 2 cutlets and brown until cooked through 2 min per side. Repeat with the remaining oil and cutlets. Slice each cutlet diagonally into 1" pieces. Arrange pieces into 4 tight circles, sized to fit on rolls and place onto a baking sheet.
4. Top each circle with 1 1/2 Tbsp tomato sauce and 1 slice cheese. Place in oven and cook until cheese is melted and bubbly, 2-5 min. Fill each roll with chicken and basil leaves; serve hot.