Southern Style Oven Barbecued Chicken
- 6 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 2/2 pounds)
- Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Crisco Shortening or Crisco Oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 drops liquid smoke (optional)
1. Heat oven to 4500 degrees.
2. Place chicken in 11 3/4 x 7 1/2-inch baking dish.
3. For barbecue sauce, heat Crisco Shortening or Crisco Oil in medium skillet on medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Stir-fry until soft but not browned. Remove fro heat. Cool slightly. Stir in Ketchup, lemon juice, honey, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, hot pepper sauce, salt and liquid smoke, if used. Stir until well blended. Pour over chicken.
4. Bake at 450 degrees for 20 minutes or unto chicken is no longer pink in center.
275 CALORIES/FAT 6 g(57 CAL or 20% of total calories)/SAT FAT 1 g(13% of total calories)CARB 26 g/PROTEIN 28 g/CHOL 70 mg/SODIUM 829 mg