- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, sift together flour, 1 1/2 cup sugar, salt and baking soda. Add eggs, pineapple and juice. Mix at low speed until well blended.
3. Pour batter into prepared 9x13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Have topping ready when cake is done.
4. To Make Topping: In a saucepan, combine milk, 3/4 cup sugar and butter. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add pecans and coconut and combine. Remove from heat.
5. When cake comes out of the oven, Pour on the topping and carefully spread on while cake is still hot.