- 6 slices day old bread cubed
- 1 1/2 pounds sausage (hot or mild)
- 2 cups cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 large jar mushrooms sliced
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 small or medium onion grated
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley if desired
Brown sausage and drain to remove fat. Mix all ingredients together and put in a greased 9- by 13-inch pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
May be made the day before and cooked for about 1 hour. Then refrigerate overnight. When ready to use, heat for 1/2 hour.
This recipe yields ?? servings.