Greenfield Inn Strata
- 4 cups cubed firm white bread (8 slices of Pepperidge Farm)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces diced ham, sauteed sausage, or cooked
- crumbled bacon - (to 12 oz)
- 10 eggs lightly beaten
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Assemble casserole 12 to 24 hours before baking and refrigerate. Generously butter a 9- by 13-inch glass baking dish. Arrange bread cubes on bottom. Sprinkle with meat, then with cheese.
Beat together milk, eggs, mustard, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Pour over casserole. Before baking, sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour.
This recipe yields 12 servings.