- 1/2 pound bacon - (to 1 lb)
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped green onions
- 12 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese - (to 2 cups)
Cook bacon until crisp and chop. Mix beaten eggs with nutmeg and parsley; scramble, then set aside in a greased quiche (glass) dish. Let the eggs cool.
After cooling layer sour cream, green onions, bacon pieces, mushrooms and cheddar cheese.
Heat oven to 300 degrees. Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Do not overbake. Cut the "pie" into 8 pieces.
This recipe yields 8 servings.