Country Breakfast Casserole
- 1 package Oreida Potatoes O'Brien (1/2 for 4 to 6 people, whole package for 8)
- Butter as needed
- Vegetable oil as needed
- 1 pound ground sausage (1/2 pound for 4 people)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 4 eggs - (to 8) to scramble
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Brown and crumble sausage and drain. Brown potatoes in melted butter and vegetable oil according to package directions. After turning once, salt and pepper to taste and add crushed garlic. Finish cooking. Add sausage and mix.
Scramble as many eggs as you have people to serve. Spray casserole pan with Pam. Layer potato and sausage mixture and place scrambled eggs on top. Top with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Place in 350 degree oven until melted, approximately 10 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 to 8 servings.