Rainbow Veggie Hummus Pizza & Everything Bagel Crust
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups flour (I like to use part whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning (recipe follows)
- Everything Bagel Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon regular sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup chipotle hummus
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup whole kernal corn
- 1 small handful fresh basil
- 1 small handful fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 150mins
Adapted from gringalicious.com
Combine yeast, sugar, and water in a medium mixing bowl and let sit for about 5 minutes to let the yeast react. Add other ingredients and mix until it starts to form a dough.
Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 - 10 minutes. It should be smooth and resilient. Grease a medium bowl and place dough inside. Flip in bowl to cover all sides with oil and cover with towel or plastic wrap. Put in warm place to rise until doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C) Fill the largest and widest pot you have with about 8 inches of water and bring it to a boil. Divide dough in half and roll out each half into circles (about 10 inch) and carefully drop 1 at a time into the water and cook for about 45 seconds on each side. Use large spatulas or slotted spoons to gently lift it out and place in on a tray lined with a clean towel.
Line 2 pizza pans with parchment and spray lightly with oil. Place crusts on trays and sprinkle everything bagel seasoning around the edges. Bake for about 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and reduce heat to 350 F (180 C). Spread on hummus, then top with cheese (if desired), and layer with everything else except basil, cilantro, and blueberries. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until toppings and edges are browned.
Remove from oven and immediately top with basil, cilantro, and berries to stick them to the cheese. Allow it to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving