Crockpot Tuscan Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannelini or white kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce (your favorite, jarred variety)
- 1 (4 oz.) jar roasted peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a crockpot, layer onion, garlic, carrot and celery on the bottom. Add the chicken on top, roasted peppers, beans, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Add spaghetti sauce and water. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender and cooked.
During the last 15 minutes of cooking, prepare pasta according to package directions, drain and serve chicken on top.
Per Serving: 473 Calories; 6g Fat; 39g Protein; 65g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 408mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with a big spinach salad and a little grated Romano cheese over the top of the pasta and chicken if you like.