- large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk (I have used everything from skim milk to thick buttermilk…so whatever you have on hand should work)
- 1/4 cup oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour (I used King Arthur’s organic white whole-wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Warmed 100% pure maple syrup for serving
- Fresh fruit for serving
1.Preheat your waffle iron.
2.In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, honey, cinnamon, and baking soda until well combined.
3.Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk together just until the large lumps disappear.
4.When the waffle iron is hot, dab it with a little butter and then ladle some batter onto the center of the iron. Follow the instructions that came with your waffle maker to know how long it should be cooked (mine takes about 3 – 4 minutes each).
5.Keep waffles warm until you finish cooking all of them. Top with pure maple syrup and fruit. Enjoy!