Raw Vegan Lime "Cheese" Cake
A super-rich“cheese”cake with no animal products. Delicious!
- Ingredients for the crust:
- 2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened dry coconut
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 packets stevia or 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or vegetable oil
- Ingredients for the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked for at least one hour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime zest
Adapted from rtheyallyours.blogspot.com
Directions for the crust:
Pulse these ingredients in a food processor until well combined, but still a bit chunky. Make sure not to over process or the nuts will become oily.
Line a tart pan or pie plate with plastic wrap, then press this mixture into the pan. Place in the freezer to chill until firm.
Directions for the filling:
Blend all of the ingredients in a Vitamix until smooth, spread into the crust, and place in the freezer to chill until firm. Store in the freezer until about 20 minutes before serving. Remove the pie from the pan by lifting up the plastic wrap and set on a pretty plate. (It’s easier to cut this way.)
P.S. If you would like to make a fruit topping for this, blend up some blueberries or strawberries with agave nectar in a blender, add fresh blueberries or cut-up strawberries to this mixture and chill. Pour it over a slice right before serving. It isDELICIOUSserved this way!