Vegan Nacho "Cheese" Sauce
This is the best“cheese”sauce I’ve ever had, vegan or non-vegan!
Rate this recipe 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, with ribs and seeds removed, then diced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce or nama shoyu
- 1/4 sea salt
- 1/3 to 1 whole red jalapeno, depending on how hot you want it
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
Adapted from rtheyallyours.blogspot.com
Place all ingredients in a Vitamix or other powerful blender and combine until smooth.