Roasted Chicken With Vermont Goat Cheese
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves with wing bone on
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper jullienned
- 1 portabella mushroom sliced
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1/4 cup Vermont goat cheese
Season chicken with garlic, salt, pepper and fresh basil. Saute in a small amount of olive oil. Finish in oven until cooked fully.
In a separate pan, saute onion, peppers, and mushrooms in olive oil. When almost cooked, add chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
On a plate, place chicken breast atop onion, peppers, and mushrooms. Crumble goat cheese over chicken.
This recipe yields 2 servings.