Sweet and Spicy Nuts
Per 1/4 cup:
Fat: 15 g
Protein: 6 g
Carb: 12 g
Fiber: 3 g
- 1 lb (about 4 cups) mixed nuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp ranulated sugar
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 ts ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg white
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Sprad nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 mins. Reduce temperature to 325 F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the sugars, paprika, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat the egg white and 1 Tbsp water until frothy. Add nuts to the egg white mixture and toss to coat, then toss with the sugar and spice mixture.
4. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread nuts in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until coating is set, 15 to 20 mins.
5. Let nuts cool on baking sheet. Separate them with a fork as they cool.