Thin Mint Mini-Cheesecakes
- 1 box Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Whipped Cream for garnishing
- Read more: http://stickygooeycreamychewy.com/2011/02/27/thin-mint-mini-cheesecakes-recipe/#ixzz2KzUu5lIv
Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
Pulse cookies in food processor until coarsely ground. In the alternative you can place cookies in a zip lock bag and crush them by hand using a meat mallet, rolling pin or the bottom of a small pot.
Mix half of the crushed cookies with the melted butter. Press approximately one teaspoon of the crumb mixture into the bottom of each cup with the back of the spoon. Chill for about 30 minutes.
Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together in large bowl until smooth. With the mixer on medium, add eggs, one at a time until all is combined. Mix in the mint and vanilla extracts and beat for another minute. Stir in the rest of the cookie crumbs, reserving a few tablespoons for garnishing, and the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until set. Remove and cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Refrigerate for several hours until thoroughly chilled.
Serve topped with a dollop of whipped cream and reserved cookie crumbs.
Makes 12 mini-cheesecakes.