Kristi's Crock Pot Roast
- 5 lbs. chuck roast
- 2 large onions, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 flour
- 3 T vegetable oil
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups beef stock (sometimes I use chicken stock)
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 large potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 4-5 carrots, peeled & cut into 2 inch pieces
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, cleaned & halved (optional)
Preheat a large skillet to a medium-high heat.
Rub the salt & pepper all over the roast, really working the seasoning into the roast's crevices.
Dust the roast with flour and add 3 T of vegetable oil to your preheated skillet and sear the roast browning on all sides.
Place the roast in the Crock-Pot along with onions, soup, beef stock, and thyme sprigs. (Make sure the roast is covered with enough liquid without overflowing.)
Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. The last two hours of cooking (around 8th hr) I add in the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and let it finish cooking.
I serve the roast with white rice or a nice thick crispy slice of rustic bread. It is sooooooooooo YUMMY!