- 1 portion of chicken per person
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1 package ground saffron to taste
- 1 1/2 cup long-grain rice (I prefer to use 1 large package yellow rice)
- 1 pound Polish sausage cut 2" to 2 1/2"
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 can chicken broth - (14 oz)
- 2 cans minced clams with liquid - (7 oz ea)
- 1 pound raw shrimp shelled, deveined
- 4 sliced tomatoes
- 1 package frozen green peas (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Minced pimento to garnish
In a large pan, brown chicken with garlic in oil. Remove chicken and set aside. Saute sausage, onion, and pepper in same pan for 7 to 10 minutes. Add rice, chicken broth, clams with liquid, salt, pepper and saffron. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Layer rice mixture, chicken, shrimp, tomatoes, peas, then pimentos in a baking dish. Cover tightly and bake for 1 hour until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.