- 24 Blue Point fresh oysters shucked on half
- 1 cup sliced Portabello mushrooms
- 1/4 cup julienned onions
- 1/4 cup diced bacon
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup gin
- 2 tablespoons creme de menthe
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 2 cups shredded parsley
In large sauce pan, saute mushrooms, onions, and bacon until onions are translucent. Add artichoke hearts, spinach, and garlic. Saute until spinach is wilted. Add liquors, then cream and Worcestershire. Turn heat to low, simmer, and reduce sauce by half.
Add Parmesan slowly while stirring constantly. Bring to simmer once more. Let sauce cool.
Top oysters with approximately 1 tablespoon of sauce and place in broiler until sauce starts to brown and bubble. Ready to serve.
This recipe yields ?? servings.