Eggs Baked and Vegetables
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 onion, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil (or 1/2 tablespoon fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup grated fat-free parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 375°F, and cover a shallow roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray. Put tomatoes, bell pepper, zucchini, onion, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper in pan and also spray with nonstick spray; toss to coat. Roast, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are browned and tender, about 30 minutes.
Spray four 8- or 10-ounce ramekins or custard cups with nonstick spray. Divide roasted vegetables evenly among cups. Make a well in the center of the vegetables, and carefully break one egg into each cup. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Place cups on baking sheet, and bake until eggs are just set, 15 to 20 minutes.