Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Hashbrown Casserole
Copies from the famous recipe. WE LOVE IT!!!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (2-pound) package frozen hash browns, thawed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup minced onion (1 T. dried minced)
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10.75-oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded Colby cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9X13-inch baking pan. Spread the potatoes in the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a medium bowl in the microwave. Add the onions, sour cream, 1 cup of cheese and soup and mix together. Pour the soup mixture over potatoes. Work into the potatoes until thoroughly mixed. Press into the pan. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Bake for 45 minutes, or until all is completely warm and the cheese begins to melt.