Walnut and Rosemary Oven-Fried Chicken
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 TBS Dijon mustard
- 4 (4 oz) chicken cutlets
- 1/3 cup panko
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 TBS grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Rosemary leaves (optional)
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Combine buttermilk and mustard in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken to buttermilk mixture, turning to coat.
3. Heat a small skillet over medium high heat. Add panko to pan; cook 3 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Combine panko, nuts, and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture; discard buttermilk mixture. Dredge chicken in panko mixture.
4. Arrange a wire rack on a large baking sheet; coat rack with cooking spray. Arrange chicken on rack; coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 425F for 13 minutes or until chicken is done. Garnish with rosemary leaves, if desired.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving = 13 Weight Watchers points.