Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries with Chocolate Ganache
Plump, sweet strawberries on a bed of graham cracker crumbs stuffed with no-bake cheesecake filling and topped with chocolate Ganache and more graham cracker crumbs. Serve each strawberry on a ceramic tasting spoon for a fun presentation
- 2 8oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 14 0z. can sweetened condensed milk (or make your own if you have lots of time.)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 pints Strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced in half
- 1 package graham crackers
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. salt (I prefer Kosher or sea salt)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4-5 tablespoons heavy cream
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from callhimyeschef.com
1. Place the cream cheese in a mixer and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Slowly pour in sweetened condensed milk a little at a time while the mixer is on.
3. Add fresh lemon juice and vanilla and mix until smooth.
This makes more than you will need, so you can cut everything in half, if you would like.
4. Whirl crackers around in food processor until it becomes crumbs.
5. Add the sugar, butter and salt and whirl around until thoroughly blended.
6. Place cheesecake filling in a piping bag fitted with a small tip or in a zip lock bag with a small opening cut in one of the bottom corners (make shift piping bag)
7. Pipe about 1 tablespoon or so of cheesecake filling onto a half strawberry and top with other half.
8. Place about 1 tablespoon of the graham cracker crumb crust on the bottom of a tasting spoon and place the filled strawberry on top. If you don't have tasting spoons, prepare a decorative plate with a shallow layer of the crumb crust and place individual strawberries on top of the crumb layer.
9. Prepare chocolate ganache by placing the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute at 1/2 power. Remove, stir and repeat. The chocolate should be smooth. Slowly add the cream, 1 tablepoon at a time, until you get the desired consistency you like. I do not like it real runny.
10. Drizzle or dollop ganache on top of each berry and sprinkle with more crumbs.
11. Refrigerate until ready to use.