Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup all-natural crunchy peanut butter (or 1/2 peanut butter, 1/2 raw almond butter)
- 1 cup date sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. potassium salt (or omit)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from blissfulbasil.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Beat together peanut butter and date sugar using an electric mixer for about 1 min. Add vanilla and mix another 30 seconds. Then add in water and mix until fully incorporated.
3. In separate bowl, stir together oat flour, baking soda and salt (if using). Pour dry ingredients into wet and mix together to form a dough.
4. Roll about 1 tbsp. of dough into a ball, then place on prepared baking sheet and flatten using a fork. Bake in preheated oven for 8 - 10 min until edges are just beginning to turn slightly golden (do not overbake or they will be too dry when cooled). Transfer to wire cooling rack and cool completely. Store in airtight container at room temperature.