- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons finely-minced garlic
- 24 medium shrimp peeled, deveined, and rinsed
- 48 large flat tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups Gridiron Guacamole (see recipe)
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes seeded, and cut into 1/4" dice - (or abt 1/2 cup prepared salsa, drained)
- 3/4 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 48 pickled jalapeño slices drained, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or cilantro
In a bowl, combine the oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt and garlic. Toss with the shrimp; let rest for 15 minutes. Remove shrimp from the marinade. Sauté in a skillet to cook through, about 2 minutes per side. Halve the shrimp lengthwise and set aside, covered, in the refrigerator.
Assemble the nachos in batches: Arrange the tortilla chips on baking sheets; place a shrimp half, cut-side down, on each chip. Top each with 1 teaspoon of guacamole; sprinkle with tomato and cheese, then top with a jalapeño slice. Sprinkle with parsley.
Just before serving, broil the nachos to melt the cheese, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 48 nachos.
Per nacho: 35 calories, 3g carbohydrate, 1g protein, 2.5g fat, 5mg cholesterol.