Vanilla Cream Fruit Tart
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in flour (mixture will be crumbly). Pat onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 300° for 25-28 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
In another bowl, beat melted chips and cream until smooth. Beat in cream cheese until smooth. Spread over crust. Chill for 30 minutes.
For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
Arrange berries over cream cheese layer; brush with glaze. Chill for 1 hour before serving. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.