Gluten-Free Vanilla Almond Granola
- 3 cups - rolled oats (certified gluten-free)
- 1 cup - almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup - flax seeds
- 1/2 cup - unsweetened dried coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup - coconut crystals (palm sugar)
- 1/2 tablespoon - cinnamon
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons - honey
- 1/4 cup - extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon - kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon - vanilla
- 1 cup - raisins
In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, flax seeds, dried coconut, coconut crystals, and cinnamon.
In a separate bowl, combine honey, oil, salt, and vanilla.
Line 2 sheet pans with sil-pats or parchment paper.
Combine both mixtures, then pour out evenly onto the pans in a thin layer.
Bake at 250 for an hour, turning it occasionally for even browning.
The granola will be somewhat soft when you pull it out, but will continue to crisp up while cooling.
Alternatively, you can dry in your dehydrator at 160 degrees for 20 hours.
Stir in the raisins, then let the granola cool completely before storing in an airtight container.