This recipe was given to me by a friend. It has been around for a while and is fairly common. It makes a great bread to make in the summer with fresh veggies and a grilled meat.
- 1 pkg. yeast
- 1/4 C warm water
- 2 TBS. sugar
- 2 tsp. dill weed
- 1 TBS. butter
- 1 TBS. onion flakes
- 1 C creamed cottage cheese (heated to luke warm)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. soda
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 1/2 C flour
1. Soften yeast in water. Combine cottage cheese, sugar, onion, butter, dill weed, salt, soda, egg and yeast. Add flour gradually, beating well.
2. Cover and rise 1 hour. Punch down and place in greased pan--let rise 40 min. (covered) and bake 35 min. at 350.
3. Brush with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt.
4. Makes 1 large loaf or 2 small loaves.