Roasted Red Pepper, Mozzarella and Basil Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced into 8 slices
- 1 12 oz. jar of roasted red peppers sliced into 1" pieces
- 1 bunch basil, whole leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1 T Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9X12 casserole dish.
Butterfly chicken breasts from opposite side. Lay chicken breast in casserole dish opened up. Sprinkle the exposed insides of the chicken breast with 1/2 of Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Stack the roasted red pepper, basil, and 1 slice of mozzarella on the bottom side of the chicken. Fold the top flap of the chicken over. Sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
Bake chicken for 30-40 minutes.
Pull chicken out and turn oven to broil. Top chicken with remaining mozzarella slices and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Broil until brown and bubbly, about 5 minutes.