- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 3⁄4 cups Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 ⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 ⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 slices of regular-sliced bacon (optional)
- (FOR SAUCE)
- 1 ⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 ⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
Mix first 7 ingredients throughly together and pack into a loaf pan.
If using, next put the strips of bacon on top and bake for an hour at 350F degrees.
While waiting, mix the sauce ingredients together.
After the hour is up, pour and smooth the sauce onto the meatloaf and cook another 15 to 20 minutes. I have sometimes added 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt instead of the salt to the sauce mixture and that is also delicious!