Quick and easy! This simple flatbread that is gluten-free, grain-free and yeast-free.
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup (2 TBS whole seeds) ground flax or ground chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon xylitol or raw honey or 7 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 organic eggs
- 1/3 cup plain organic yogurt, preferably full fat or low fat
- Any dried herbs with sea salt– Italian seasoning, Frontier Adobo Seasoning blend, or whatever seasoned salt you like.
Adapted from eatingwithpurpose.com
Pre-heat oven to 350º
In a large bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca, ground flax or chia, xylitol, baking soda and salt.
In a small bowl, blend eggs and yogurt with an electric mixer for about 30 seconds.
Add the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and use mixer or stir to combine until it forms a sticky, wet dough.
Pour batter onto a 12×16 jelly roll pan/cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or asilicon baking mat.
Smooth batter out with a spatula over the entire surface area, so it is thin and even.
Sprinkle herbs of choice and sea salt (if you're using a salt-free seasoning blend) evenly over dough.
On center rack of oven, bake at 350º for 8 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Don't over bake or it will be too dry.
Cool and cut into desired size, such as a pizza cutter to do this.
Storage: Wrap my bread in parchment paper and then seal it in a Ziploc bag. Store in the refrigerator to keep it fresher for longer.
Freezes beautifully in parchment paper and a ziploc.